YWCA After School Program
Throughout the school year, the YWCA After School Program provides youth registered in Pre-k through 5th at different school sites with activities and experiences that promote optimal growth and development. Students receive a nutritious snack, homework assistance, tutoring and other school-related assistance in a program that is designed to be an extension of the educational school day.
Enrollment is open to any student registered in Pre –K thru. 5th grade at the following schools
East Central ISD
The purpose of the After School Program (ASP) is:
- To provide a safe and supportive environment for our children
- To provide opportunities for continued development, including homework assistance, in all subject areas.
- To create a positive and inclusive environment
The key program objectives include the following:
- Provides students with a safe and supportive after school environment
- Offer homework assistance in all subjects
- Provide opportunities for students to receive academic assistance that will enable them to meet or exceed state and local student achievement standards.
- Program is based on a first come first serve basis.
- The After School Program is located at the student’s home campus and they must be currently enrolled at the campus to attend the program.
- Space is Limited – Registration does not guarantee your child will get a slot
- All students will be placed on a waiting list until all registration paperwork has been reviewed.
- A YWCA representative will notify parents by either email or phone once their registration paperwork has been processed and will schedule a start date and draft applicable fees and tuition payment.
- Due to COVID-19, the YWCA will be following all State, City and District mandated protocols.
Hours of Operation
- The program will be held after school until 6:00 pm, Monday thru Friday and will be closed on all student holidays
- Start date August 14, 2023
- End date May 22, 2024
- Tuition is $110 a month in addition to a one-time non-refundable supply fee of $25 per student, and a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $25 per family.
- For families registering more than one student you will receive $5 off each additional child.
- Tuition payments are drafted on a monthly basis, the 1st of the month, regardless of what day of the week the 1st of the month falls.
- A $35 service charge is assessed for payments that are returned for insufficient funds.
- Should a child (ren) carry a balance into the new month the child (ren) will not be allowed into the program until tuition is paid in full.
Late Pickup Policy
The YWCA After School Program concludes at 6:00 pm. Any child picked up after 6:01 p.m. will incur a $30.00 per child fee at 6:01 plus an additional $1.00 per child each minute thereafter.
- All late fees must be paid in full before the child is permitted back into the program.
- Late fees will be drafted no later than noon the following day from the billing method on file.
Parents may register their child/children (Pre Kinder through 5th grade) by visiting the YWCA website at ywcasa.org to complete their registration online. This registration packet contains information required to ensure proper care. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
All students will be placed on a waiting list until all documentation and application have been reviewed. Families will not be charged until a slot has been opened for their student.
Once all documentation and application has been reviewed a YWCA representative will reach out via phone and or email to complete the registration process and to collect payment.
If your child has a special condition that may limit normal participation or behavior expectations in the program, please notify the program director, Christina Lea at 210-433-9922.
All special accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis. For further questions or to provide supporting documentation you may contact Christina Lea at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-433-9922 ext. 106.
Annual Tax Statement
Annual Tax Statements are now available through your parent portal. To view your current or previous payments visit the parent portal YWCA San Antonio Parent Portal (jackrabbitclass.com). At the top of the page you should see a tab titled Billing & Payments under which you can click a link to view the full transaction history. Our EIN number and organization information is listed on each receipt.
Annual Tax Statements are not mailed out. Paper copies are available upon request by contacting Christina Lea at email@example.com or 210-433-9922 ext. 106, please allow 1 week for processing.
503 Castroville Road
San Antonio, TX 78237
EIN Number is 74-1143135
At the YWCA we strive to offer high quality childcare at an affordable rate. We know how hard families work to make ends meet and we are constantly searching for new ways to help offset the cost for our families.
With support from grants and city funding we are excited to offer qualifying families scholarship opportunities for the 2023-2024 school year.
Scholarships are limited and will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
To qualify for a scholarship families must;
- Student must attend one of the following campuses
- Highland Forest
- Pecan Valley
- The family’s annual income must meet or fall under 185% of the federal poverty level or currently receive government assistance.
- The family must be in good standings and does not owe a previous balance with the YWCA
- The following documents will be accepted as proof of income
- 2022 Tax Return for everyone in the household
- Copy of a current certification letter for Medicaid, SNAP, TANF, SSI or Unemployment Compensation.
- If the parent or guardian is a full time student the family may submit a current course schedule for consideration.
- Students awarded a scholarship must maintain good attendance. Each student is allowed to miss 10 days annually. Any student missing more than 10 days will be removed from the scholarship program immediately. Absences with doctor’s excuses will not be counted against the student as a missed day. You must provide a copy of the doctor’s excuse to the site facilitator within 5 school days.
- Parents are requested to support positive guidance and behavioral expectations by reinforcing the general rules for students in the program.
- Families awarded a scholarship for the 2023-2024 school year will not be eligible for a scholarship during the following school year.
- Students who are dropped due to poor attendance or for not meeting the general rules will be dropped from the scholarship program and will not be eligible to receive a scholarship the following year.
- Scholarships may be transferred to another participating school if space allows.
After school scholarships are limited and will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
All applications will be reviewed on an individual basis. Please allow up to 5 business days for your application to be reviewed.
All applicants will be notified via email and through the parent portal once the application has been reviewed and as soon as a decision has been made.
If you feel you may qualify for an after school scholarship please visit the link below to submit an application:
If you would like further information please contact the YWCA at 210-433-9922.
POSITION: YWCA After School Program Assistant
STATUS: Part Time Seasonal, Hourly- Non-Exempt
RESPONSIBILITY TO: YWCA ASP Facilitator
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for providing quality safe care of children enrolled in the After School Program, according to the YWCA policies and procedures. Working with the after school facilitator, the assistant plans and carries out daily activities, ensures the safety and physical well-being of the children, maintains regular communication with parents, and contributes to the effective operation of the overall after school program.
- Assist in developing appropriate educational curriculum and after school program plans.
- Assist with recruitment of students and the promotion of the program.
- Engage children as individuals in a way that allows them to grow at their own abilities.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment and complete daily tasks assigned.
- Participate in regular cleaning of materials and after school program spaces.
- Create a culturally inclusive program with activities that support different cultures and
- Ensures all children in the program are tracked according to YWCA expectations.
- Supports children in their emotional and physical growth.
- Assist children in their academics and encourage science, technology, engineering, and math skills.
- Communicate child concerns and family needs to the after school team.
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment in the after school program.
- Promote and maintain quality customer service and interaction with parents.
- Assist in maintaining all curriculum, paperwork, and files necessary to comply with contract services, federal, state, and municipal funding agencies.
- Monitor any extra-curricular activities that are implemented in the after school programming.
- Ensures that all facilities on campus that YWCA uses are left as they were found.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude and attire.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor which affect program quality and the promotion and support of the YWCA.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- One to two years of experience working in an after-school setting or with elementary-age children.
- Experience working in an ethnically diverse community
- Clear background check and history indicating fitness to work with children
- A demonstrated ability to coordinate, inspire, and motivate others
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Valid Texas Drivers License preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs. Must be able to work in an office atmosphere as well as classroom and gymnasium, all areas of the after school sites, and indoor or outdoor athletic fields.
For a complete assistant handbook, you can refer to our website at www.ywcasa.org.
I understand and will comply with all the policies and procedures outlined in the assistant handbook. I also understand if I do not follow all policies and procedures, this could lead to the termination of my employment at the YWCA After School Program.
Employee Signature___________________________ Date_____________________
Click here to apply — > YWCA Employment Application
For more information, please contact Jennilee Coronado at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210.433.9922