YWCA After School Program
Throughout the school year, the YWCA After School Program provides youth registered in Pre-k through 5th at different school sites with activities and experiences that promote optimal growth and development. Students receive a nutritious snack, homework assistance, tutoring and other school-related assistance in a program that is designed to be an extension of the educational school day.
Enrollment is open to any student registered in Pre –K thru. 5th grade at the following schools
East Central ISD
Program is based on a first come first serve basis.
The After School Program is located at the student’s home campus and they must be currently enrolled at the campus to attend the program.
Due to COVID-19, the YWCA will be following all State, City and District mandated protocols.
Hours of Operation
- The program will be held after school until 6:00 pm, Monday thru Friday and will be closed on all student holidays
- Start date August 15, 2022
- End date May 25, 2023
- Early Bird Registration Special May 9, 2022 through June 30, 2022
$95 which includes your first month tuition, registration and supply fees.
Deal Expires July 1, 2022
- Tuition is $110 a month in addition to a one-time non-refundable supply fee of $25 per student, and a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $25 per family.
- For families registering more than one student you will receive $5 off each additional child.
- Tuition payments are drafted on a monthly basis, the 1st of the month, regardless of what day of the week the 1st of the month falls.
- A $35 service charge is assessed for payments that are returned for insufficient funds.
- Should a child (ren) carry a balance into the new month the child (ren) will not be allowed into the program until tuition is paid in full.
Late Pickup Policy
The YWCA After School Program concludes at 6:00 pm. Any child picked up after 6:01 p.m. will incur a $30.00 per child fee at 6:01 plus an additional $1.00 per child each minute thereafter.
- All late fees must be paid in full before the child is permitted back into the program.
- Late fees will be drafted no later than noon the following day from the billing method on file.
- Highland Forest
- Pecan Valley
- Oak Crest
POSITION: YWCA After School Program Assistant
STATUS: Part Time Seasonal, Hourly- Non-Exempt
RESPONSIBILITY TO: YWCA ASP Facilitator
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for providing quality safe care of children enrolled in the After School Program, according to the YWCA policies and procedures. Working with the after school facilitator, the assistant plans and carries out daily activities, ensures the safety and physical well-being of the children, maintains regular communication with parents, and contributes to the effective operation of the overall after school program.
- Assist in developing appropriate educational curriculum and after school program plans.
- Assist with recruitment of students and the promotion of the program.
- Engage children as individuals in a way that allows them to grow at their own abilities.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment and complete daily tasks assigned.
- Participate in regular cleaning of materials and after school program spaces.
- Create a culturally inclusive program with activities that support different cultures and
- Ensures all children in the program are tracked according to YWCA expectations.
- Supports children in their emotional and physical growth.
- Assist children in their academics and encourage science, technology, engineering, and math skills.
- Communicate child concerns and family needs to the after school team.
- Monitor the use of supplies and equipment in the after school program.
- Promote and maintain quality customer service and interaction with parents.
- Assist in maintaining all curriculum, paperwork, and files necessary to comply with contract services, federal, state, and municipal funding agencies.
- Monitor any extra-curricular activities that are implemented in the after school programming.
- Ensures that all facilities on campus that YWCA uses are left as they were found.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude and attire.
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor which affect program quality and the promotion and support of the YWCA.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- One to two years of experience working in an after-school setting or with elementary-age children.
- Experience working in an ethnically diverse community
- Clear background check and history indicating fitness to work with children
- A demonstrated ability to coordinate, inspire, and motivate others
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Valid Texas Drivers License preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs. Must be able to work in an office atmosphere as well as classroom and gymnasium, all areas of the after school sites, and indoor or outdoor athletic fields.
For a complete assistant handbook, you can refer to our website at www.ywcasa.org.
I understand and will comply with all the policies and procedures outlined in the assistant handbook. I also understand if I do not follow all policies and procedures, this could lead to the termination of my employment at the YWCA After School Program.
Employee Signature___________________________ Date_____________________
Click here to apply — > YWCA Employment Application
For more information, please contact Jennilee Coronado at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210.433.9922